The state of Maine is a wild gem of the Northeast. With roughly a million acres of publicly owned lands – state parks, Wildlife Management Areas, Public Reserves, National Wildlife Refuges, National Parks and Forest – there are plenty of areas accessible for hunters to get lost. There are an additional 5 million acres owned by lumber and paper companies who often permit access as well.
Maine has a rich hunting tradition and actively managed forests which offer abundant habitat for wildlife including upland game. Reasonable license fees and genuinely nice people make it a great place to challenge a bird dog with wild birds in wild places. And in the fall, the beauty of this state is tough to beat.
We made a quick trip Down East to have a few lobster rolls, chase some grouse and stash an Ultimate Upland Cache somewhere in this million acres of public lands.
The first person to find this Ultimate Upland Cache and provide proof of discovery will get geared up by Orvis – the Upland Shell which comes in both men’s and women’s version and the new Pro Series Hunting Vest. Details on the locations of this cache will be shared across our social platforms so be sure to follow us as we head into the wild — Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube.
And for those unable to travel to Maine in search of buried bird hunting treasure, we’ll be awarding secondary prizes by random selection to followers made eligible by actions detailed in the corresponding social media posts.
Join us in some wild places this season, share this pursuit of birds and passion for the outdoors that takes us to the edge of the map.
First Big Clue to Finding Ultimate Upland Cache #3: This is the first cache that requires hiking. The distance is manageable, under a couple miles, much through good grouse habitat. This group of ponds is fairly distinct, when you cross reference the video and other clues the area will become obvious.
Giveaway Disclosure (the fun legal stuff)
• ELIGIBILITY: Giveaway is open only to U.S. residents 18 years or older and minors accompanied by a legal guardian or responsible adult. Void where prohibited by law. Ultimate Upland, LLC (UU) and their respective affiliates, as well as all others involved in this promotion and their immediate families (defined for the purposes of this giveaway as parents, spouses, children, siblings and household members) are not eligible.
• CACHE PRIZES: Prize will be awarded when an individual finds each cache to one (1) winner per cache, proof of discovery must be provided. Instructions are located in the cache. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible people attempting to locate the cache. No purchase necessary. Cache Prizes expire on February 28, 2018.
• SECONDARY PRIZES: Prize will be awarded to one (1) winner randomly selected from qualified responses on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Instructions will be provided on these social platforms to become eligible for each secondary prize. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible people responding on each social platform. No purchase necessary.
• WINNERS: Prize will be awarded by Ultimate Upland, LLC, whose decisions on all matters relating to the giveaway will be binding and final. Winners will be notified on or about two (2) days following winner selection. The winning name can be obtained by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• ADDITIONAL TERMS: Giveaway is valid in the United States only. If you do not live in the United States, do not enter the giveaway. If for any reason the giveaway including, but not limited to, the online portion, does not function as planned, its integrity or feasibility is undermined, or anything compromises the administration, security, fairness, proper conduct or intended play of the giveaway, Ultimate Upland, LLC reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual the Sponsor deems responsible, and/or to abbreviate, cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the giveawway. UU assumes no responsibility for any defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, including any erroneous appearance of qualification for a prize. If the Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate the giveaway, the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prize(s) from among all valid and eligible entries received up to that time. All entries are the property of the Sponsor and are not returnable.
• WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, ULTIMATE UPLAND, LLC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Giveaway entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means are ineligible and will be disqualified.
• RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By entering, entrant agrees to accept and abide by the rules of this giveaway and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this giveaway, rule interpretation, or award of prize, shall be resolved by UU in its sole discretion, whose decision shall be binding and final. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and any respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each from any injury, loss or damage to person or property due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance, use, or misuse of a prize, participation in any giveaway-related activity, or participation in the giveaway. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the giveaway or in the announcement of prizes, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won.