When you serve some rooster chili everyone is a guaranteed winner.
Super Bowl of Pheasant Chili
Great way to enjoy a game on a cold day.
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 2 Poblano Anaheim peppers chopped
- 2 Jalapeño peppers chopped
- 1 Cherry Pepper diced
- 1 Large Onion chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1-1/2 lb Pheasant breast and thighs 2 birds, 1/2″ cubed
- 2-3 c. Chicken Broth depending how thick you like your chili
- 3 cans Cannelini Beans drained
- 4 T. butter
- 2 t. Cumin
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Shredded white cheddar for topping
In large pot, saute onion and pheasant in butter until the cubed meat is browned
Season with salt, white pepper and cumin
Add the pepper trio
Cook on med-high until peppers are soft
Add chicken broth to desired consistency (2-3 cups)
Purée one can of beans and fold into the mix, they act as a thickener.
Add the other two cans of whole beans
Simmer until thickens, about one hour or longer if thicker consistency desired. Serve with tortilla chips and top with a big handful of cheese
Just returned from a very successful rooster hunt in Nebraska. We’ll give the rooster chili a try.
Great to hear! Let us know what you think.